Keeping your accounting firm’s website and social media profiles active and dynamic places where contacts want to visit can be a lot of fun, but it can also feel like a burden at times. It’s easy to fall into a rut when it comes to content, sharing the same type of message over and over. While some sites are well suited to a particular type of content that appears at regular intervals, for many accounting marketers the best approach is a varied one.
Obviously, you’ll be sharing photos on Instagram, but in most cases you have a wide leeway when it comes to choosing content. Expanding your repertoire not only provides variety to your networks but may also provide you with a fresh dose of inspiration. You might even discover that you love expressing your ideas and insights through a medium you hadn’t previously explored! The next time you’re at a loss for new content, why not try something new? There’s no shortage of formats to choose from:
- Blog posts – whether your own or by another writer, these snack-sized articles are a great way to communicate useful information about all kinds of topics.
- Infographics – these popular tools are chock full of data but attractive and easy to interpret.
- Videos – get the benefit of almost face-to-face interaction by sharing video content. It can be an interview, vlog, event recording, question-and-answer session, in-depth discussion of a service, report on breaking news for a particular client segment, something silly that shows your firm’s personality – the list is endless.
- White papers – few accounting firms take advantage of these tools, but they are a valuable method for communicating a detailed exploration of a topic where your accounting firm offers significant expertise. E-books offer similar benefit, and can often be based on content you’ve previously shared in smaller portions.
- Podcasts – this audio-focused format makes it easy for even the busiest people in your network to listen and learn. The same types of interviews, in-depth discussions and informational talks that you share in other media can be adapted nicely for downloadable podcasts. For added SEO, make the transcript of your podcast available as well.
- Webinars – you’ve got knowledge others don’t, but wish they did. Why not share it in a webinar that you can record live, and then make available to those who originally missed it? Educating others is a great way to demonstrate your thought leadership while building relationships, and webinars accomplish both goals handily.
This list is far from inclusive. Once you’re thinking creatively, you’ll be able to identify a plentiful assortment of content types that will help you build your brand and connect with an even wider audience. When it’s time to freshen up your various online pages, consider the many types of content available and begin to branch out. It’ll be a learning experience that benefits your clients and your firm alike.